It is your birthday! Since you dislike the usual mushy sentiments, I will not say them. Instead, I have made a list of birthday wishes professed (or inspired) by others which I will indirectly say to you. Can you figure out the movie origin?
1. “Getting old is not for sissies, kid.”
2. “That’s the funny thing about birthdays, they’re kind of an annual thing.”
3. “Happy birthday! And may the odds be ever in your favor!”
4. “You had me at cake. Happy birthday!”
5. “Use the force you will to blow out those candles!”
6. “Happy birthday! I hope you’re hungry! You should see the toast, I couldn’t even get it through the door!”
7. “You! You can throw my birthday party anytime!” “Bullshit! You can throw mine!” (This inspired quote is courtesy of your brother Matt).
8.. “Happy birthday, Samantha (insert your name instead). Make a wish. It already came true.”
I can’t resist…I will end this letter with some sappy sentiments after all!
1. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.” — Gandhi
2. “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” — Mark Twain
3. “When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.” — Mark Twain
4. “We turn not older with years, but newer every day.” — Emily Dickinson
5. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C.S. Lewis
6. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to be old.” — George Burns
And now the ultimate of ultimate syrupy saying goes (hint: you should tell me this every year when its my turn):
“To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I eye’d, Such seems your beauty still.” — William Shakespeare
Ah, to be three weeks younger than me! You will forever have that check mate move in one! Happy birthday to my younger man!
Your older (yet hot) woman (by three lousy weeks),
P.S. If you read this far, you deserve to know the movie origins to the first list of quotes: 1) “Wall Street” 2) “Rapunzel” 3) inspired by “Hunger Games” 4) inspired by “Jerry Maguire” 5) inspired by “Star Wars” 6) “Uncle Buck” 7) inspired by “Top Gun” 8) “Sixteen Candles” (of course!)